Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Ending Silence with Fashion on World Ovarian Cancer Day at Trend Rush Boutique

Welcome to your next Mission!


This has been a pretty busy year for me so far and I haven't posted as often as I should but I'm here now and i'm ready to get back to spotlighting Causes and Foundations on their mission to raise awareness, support and funding to continue doing their Awesome hard work!


BUT...I can't do this alone...I Need YOUR Help.
So my question to you Fabulous Fashionistas is...  
Are You Ready!!!


Susie Casado and Eva Peralta at a New Year's Eve DocIt event




And with that I would like to fill you in on our second mission of the year. Let me tell you about this amazing foundation that is very dear to my heart named the Doc It Foundation which stands for Detect Ovarian Cancer In Time and this is their mission, to raise funds and help develop a screening test that will detect Ovarian Cancer In Time thus increasing the chances of survival for millions of women around the world.





Martha Casado reading to her daughter Crystal

Doc It was born in the heart of Martha Casado, a vibrant and loving mother of two who became enraged when she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer after multiple visits to her Gyno for what she was told were merely urinary tract infections. Misdiagnosis is the leading cause for Ovarian Cancer Fatalities because at this time there is no specific test to rule it out during your routine checkups and by the time you develop symptoms you are usually already at either stage 3 or stage 4 of Ovarian Cancer. This is why it is called The Silent Killer.


Susie Casado with Doc It supporters
             
Martha founded Doc It Foundation alongside her sister Susie Casado in 2006 at the age of 47, right after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer. She fought with fierce determination; she was no longer fighting only for her life but she became a warrior on a mission. Unfortunately, the cancer spread to other areas of her body and she passed away 3 years later on  November 4, 2008. But her Legacy lives on as Doc It continues it's mission to Detect Ovarian Cancer In Time


So I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to join me and support the Doc It Foundation as they continue "Ending the Silence with Fashion" on World Ovarian Cancer Day

photo courtesy of Juli Williams

This is a FREE event but you can RSVP here!

As some of you may know,  Trend Rush is one of the trendiest boutiques located in South Florida and they will be gracefully hosting this event in their boutique. They carry the best celeb inspirations for the boho chic and hipster crowd alike. Think Coachella with a Miami vibe with new items arriving every week from well known designers as well as local designers, and don't forget your Flash Tattoos!



PaulThe Amelia

My personal style is a blend of Business attire with a Tropical flair so I'm quite partial of basic pieces that can be paired up with just about anything depending on which tropical goddess i'm channeling that day. So when I saw this black and backless maxi dress at Trend Rush, I knew this was something I could work with. Sophisticated with a touch of Sexiness, this little number paired up with the right accessories is perfect for Blogger Brunches and Business Networking Cocktails at any popular Miami hotspot. 


photo taken at Little Havana

   My favorite thing about this dress is that it has pockets!!! This may not sound like a big deal but trust me, it isIf you're a femtrepreneur, you know that even when you're not working... you're working. In order to grow my business it is important to grow my network and because I survive off of my referral based businesses I always have my little contact book, a pen, my cellphone and a stack of business cards in my pockets wherever I go. I am absolutely positive there's a Boss Babe reading this who understands exactly what i'm talking about. You my darling, need this dress. Another cool feature is that because it ties at the back, it's adjustable and perfect for those horrid bloating days when nothing seems to fit but you still want to look your best! 

photo taken at Little Havana

There couldn't be a better time to come and check out Trend Rush or as I like to call it, a trendsetter's dream boutiqueCome shop for a cause and learn more about the Doc It Foundation and why it is sooo important to get tested for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutationLet's unite in solidarity and show support for the women that are currently fighting for their life, or have had a loved one pass away from this disease. 

Angelina Jolie is one of the many incredible warriors that have been affected by Ovarian Cancer. She tested positive for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene mutation which she inherited from her mother who passed away from Ovarian Cancer. This led her to make the difficult decision of removing not just her breasts but her ovaries as well in an effort to prevent and minimize the chances of developing breast and ovarian cancer. 

Angelina Jolie and her mother Marcia Lynne Bertrand

While my heart goes out to her for having to go through this ordeal, I feel that no one could have been a better ambassador for this disease. As a society we have certain gender traits that we claim to determine what gender a person is. Losing these "gender traits" is not just physically traumatic but also psychologically. To lose your breasts and ovaries...that which "makes you a woman" is a hard reality to face and finding a way to hold on to your femininity and see yourself as sexy can become nearly impossible. But it CAN be done. Angelina Jolie has been named the sexiest woman alive and in my eyes she is the sexiest warrior ambassador for not just breast cancer but ovarian cancer as well.

 She is a symbol of hope and strength and that is why I am asking you to please join us as we honor her and her mother as well as all the other victims of this horrible disease. Let's continue Martha's legacy of empowering women through knowledge so that they too can make educated life saving decisions like the one Angelina Jolie did. Knowledge is power.    



For more information check out the DocIt Foundation at www.docit1.org and don't forget to subscribe and get Updates on NEW posts via email  to find out about our upcoming missions!

Thank you for your continued support!



XOXO - Eva
Think Posh ~ Speak Life ~ Inspire Miami

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog!! Great captivating content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Christina Turner! That means alot to me, I sometimes wonder if anyone even reads this but knowing that you actually loved it lol, girl, you just motivated me to write more!

      Delete
  2. Very nice and informative blog. we are a Rajputi boutique in Indore and Udaipur. We have unique collection of all wedding accessories for men and women.

    ReplyDelete